“We are looking for individuals who….”
We are looking for a roll-up-sleeve and can-do attitude as one would expect from a professional belonging to the construction industry. If you think you will fit well with our philosophy and organizational culture, then it’s time we meet and work together to achieve the highest objectives.
Minimum Experience:3 Years or Above
Job Title: Construction Estimator
Department: Thomas Construction Group, LLC
Reports to: President/CEO
Thomas Construction Group, LLC (TCG) is currently looking to hire a Construction Estimator that is highly skilled and experienced in bidding Commercial and/or Residential Construction projects for state, local, developers and private owners. The Construction Estimator will be responsible for identifying and submitting quality General Contractor (GC) bids on a weekly and bi-weekly basis.
At TCG, our business philosophy is to be the most dedicated, proactive, responsive and results-oriented GC in the Washington-Metropolitan Area. Therefore, we hold every team member to this same standard, and this standard must drive every activity. We are licensed, bonded, and insured to work in MD and DC.
- Must be organized
- Identify qualified GC bid opportunities daily
- all identified bids must have sufficient lead time in order for you to attend pre-bid meetings
- Reviewing and assessing bid specifications and drawings
- Bid on individual GC projects up to $3,000,000.00
- Review and assemble all required documentation for GC bid package submission (internal assistance will be provided to you)
- All GC bids must be submitted by their respective due dates
- Manage and update your bid calendar of submission dates for weekly status meetings with TCG team
- Perform bi-weekly follow-up on submitted bids to report status to TCG team
- Facilitate bid result review meetings with TCG team
- Submit RFI’s and/or Change Orders, as required
- Perform value-engineering (i.e., suggesting alternate and economical materials, methods, means, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
Target Focus Areas for Bidding
- Washington D.C.
- Baltimore City, MD
- Baltimore County, MD
- Prince George’s County, MD
- Anne Arundel County, MD
- Charles County, MD
- Frederick County, MD
- Montgomery County, MD
- Baltimore City, MD (Headquarters)
- Capital Heights, MD
- Arlington, VA
Qualification: Minimum 3 years of estimating experience. Proven track-record of awarded bids. Familiarity with common bidding websites (i.e., eMaryland Marketplace, BidClerk, iSqFt, BidX, etc.). Must be familiar with Microsoft Office Suite and various bidding software (e.g., On-Screen Takeoff, PlanSwift, Bluebeam and/or Xactimate). Must be licensed to drive and provide your own transportation (mileage reimbursement). Must be authorized to work in the US without restriction
Note: We strictly follow EEO (Equal Employee Opportunity) by prohibiting discrimination or hiring of employees on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, and national origin.
We also provide the relevant Disability Accommodations to qualified employees under the regulations of Americans with Disabilities Act.